Honda says making cheap electric vehicles is too hard, ends deal with GM::The platform was to use GM’s Ultium batteries.

• Halosheep@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Seriously, in Texas even a full size 4-door sedan feels small compared to all he lifted oversized pickups all over.

• ratman150@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Am in Texas (Dallas area) I commute 33 miles each way in an electric Fiat 500. I actually do feel plenty safe (car is insanely stable but also far safer than my other commuter which is a klr650 motorcycle) but do have issues with road rage. I legitly don’t care if someone hits me in this car as it wouldn’t be the first time and I have full confidence I’ll be safe…on the other hand I don’t appreciate how unsafe large vehicles tend to be nor how difficult they can make visibility.

I used to drive semi trucks for a living and I’d personally pick the Fiat over the Freightliner every time.

• Pxtl@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Right? And sane laws about safe vehicles that would clamp down on these land-tanks would never pass because muh freedoms.

If your vehicle represents a higher risk to other people around you, then there should be firmer laws about driving it safely. Give Miatas a higher speed limit, and F-350s firmer penalties for dangerous driving and speeding.