Can anyone recommend an app that will automatically send SMS to my wife several times a day? Preferably at non-set intervals (so she doesn’t get it every day at exactly noon) and randomly selected “I love you”, “Your the best” etc. so I can focus on my work and still have her happy that she feels thought of throughout the day?

• n7gifmdn@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The biggest problem is my ADHD, if I pick up my cell phone during the work day, its near impossible for me to get anything else done that day, because the internet exists. It probably makes me an asshole, but she’s been married to an asshole for 15 years.

• LegendofZelda64@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Don’t listen to all the haters, man. ADHD is a bitch for remembering to do anything and I think it’s adorable you want to make sure your wife gets care and affirmation throughout the day from you. Whether you type the message yourself or set up an automation to send them, it doesn’t change the fact that you love her and you want her to know that. I think that’s beautiful.

• Cobrachicken@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Ok, this changes the story considerably, you might have mentioned that initially.

Same with me, but without the ADHD. When I have to do shitty jobs I hate, like accounting, I let the family know that right now I’m motivated enough to do %task and that they should leave me alone completely for that, cos otherwise that will never be completed. They learned to accept that.

So maybe instead of emulating sth that you’re not made to fulfil to nobodys fault you ever thought about explaining that facts to her so she can accept that? I do think she is rewarded with her own focus time afterwards, as compensation.

• n7gifmdn@lemmy.caOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

LOL! “explaing the facts so she can accept them” how long have you been married?

It doesn’t change the story and there is no need to put that in my OP, this kind of stuff has no reason being in an adroid forum.

• Cobrachicken@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Well your initial post seemed alien to me, hence my first “wtf?” comment. Imho this fact changes the story considerably, see my second post. I can explain in detail, if that still does not click.

Our mileages apparently vary, but with some things/behaviours inherent to my personality, things that make me me, I am not prepared to emulate different behaviour just to fulfil s/o other’s expectations. They can take that or leave.

This is ofc just my personal opinion, and you can subscribe or not.

You are correct that this usually does not belong in an Android forum so please accept my profound apologies if I overstepped.