I’m upgrading because my phone is losing (lost?) support. I use a OnePlus 7 Pro and love it and wouldn’t bother upgrading otherwise. I’d appreciate some recommendations of android phones you like, please.

Thank you in advance! (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

• Waluigis_Talking_Buttplug@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I broke my One Plus 7 Pro and now have a Galaxy S21 Ultra, and while I don’t hate it, I don’t think I’ll be getting another samsung

However, I will say, Samsung keyboard is legitimately the best Andorid keyboard overal. I’ll probably be installing it onto my next phone. But, like, it’s sad that that’s the only nice thing I can say about it.

It’s not a bad phone, and I bought it used, but Samsung is just so bloaty. I’d much rather a stock experience than their software

• HamSwagwich@showeq.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Wow. I absolutely detest the Samsung keyboard. It’s absolutely retarded on terms of prediction and button accuracy.

Gboard, while not great, seems to be the best/most accurate. I don’t like Gboard, don’t get me wrong, but it’s way more accurate than Samsung

• Waluigis_Talking_Buttplug@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I just like the ability to manually set the sizes of each key, because gboard I’m always hitting n when I want to hit soccer or y when I want to or u.

It’s also the most customizable overall, not just the themeing but layout.

And it actually has a functional clipboard that doesn’t last only a limited time.