after a grueling 4 years of school and a bit of time at a fintech company ive lost almost all the enjoyment i once had for computers in high school. what kind of projects or whatever can i do to have fun again without feeling stressed.

edit: thanks everyone for such creative suggestions!! anything else on the internets just like build a trivia game teehee but yall put real thought into this shit, thank you!!

• manapropos@lemmy.basedcount.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

LOL I went to school for cyber security and got into full stack web dev (graduated at the start of COVID, the job market sucked and I had a connection). Not gonna lie I enjoy where I’m at now. I’m a Linux nerd and I enjoy the cyber stuff but there’s no way I’m ever gonna stop smoking weed to get a security clearance or be on call as a sysadmin

• manapropos@lemmy.basedcount.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Not so much for sysadmin (more so just for onboarding), but definitely in the cyber world where having a clearance is almost a requirement. They might not test all the time but during the investigation they basically want people who are clean cut or have at least had their act together for a few years