I’m struggling to curate my experience on Lemmy. Some posts constantly dominate my feed, even after resorting various ways.

Is there a way to ignore or hide posts? 🙏

I could be crazy, but it seems like pinned posts are pinned on my main feed just as as they are pinned within a community.

I do not necessarily wish to ignore entire communities in this case (which I know how to do). I am talking about individual posts.

Using the Jerboa app has helped because posts can be shown in a condensed form rather than the large cards. And yet still so much scrolling to see anything new…

• cecirdr@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’m having issues with it too. I think the massively increased load must be causing the interface to misbehave. Nothing like finding all the bugs when volume is high. fun!

Anyway, I tried yesterday to find a post/thread that I’d commented in. No amount of sorting in that community was bringing it up. I could only find it by following the comment link in my profile. So right now, I have the feeling that I’m missing a good bit of content while also seeing older popular content still dominating my feed. I’m hopeful that they’ve noticed these issues and will see how they can rectify them eventually.

• ⓝⓞ🅞🅝🅔@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’m glad to know that I’m not insane. I was actually getting pretty frustrated thinking that I just wasn’t able to understand something basic.

This comment sheds light on the types of pinned posts. I didn’t realize there was a sight wide pin capability. I think this has been the biggest source of my madness.

I don’t have a fancy phone with huge resolution and DPI. This means a lot of scrolling for me. I really really really really really really really really really really really wish I could hide/ignore posts

Regarding your searches, it wasn’t immediately obvious to me via the mobile browser interface, but you should be able to search here: https://beehaw.org/search

Unfortunately, if you’re using the Jerboa app, I don’t see the post search capability yet.

• ⓝⓞ🅞🅝🅔@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’m glad to know that I’m not insane. I was actually getting pretty frustrated thinking that I just wasn’t able to understand something basic.

This comment sheds light on the types of pinned posts. I didn’t realize there was a sight wide pin capability. I think this has been the biggest source of my madness.

I don’t have a fancy phone with huge resolution and DPI. I really really really really really really really really really really really wish I could hide/ignore posts

Regarding your searches, it wasn’t immediately obvious to me via the mobile browser interface, but you should be able to search here: https://beehaw.org/search

Unfortunately, if you’re using the Jerboa app, I don’t see the post search capability yet.