• Gemini24601@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Does anyone else think it is ironic to buy a phone from one of the most unprivate companies in order to have a private experience?

• fckreddit@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

As someone who bought Pixel specifically to install Graphene on it, I definitely found it super ironic.

• Bonehead@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

There’s a limited selection of phones available. Generally the ones with good specs and a good metal frame that is well supported and has readily available cases and accessories that can be bought from a local store come from only the unprivate companies.

• LemmyIsFantastic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

How the fuck is this related to programming? Feels more like anti corporate circle jerk material.

I guess installing roms makes you an elite haxor these days?

• 👁️👄👁️@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Tbh I don’t even look at the community it’s posted in, I just updoot. But yeah this is completely off topic from the community, nothing with this has to do with coding.

• Fuck spez@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yeah man, it takes a whole three clicks on a webpage and a USB cable to install Graphene. That literally makes me Elliot Anderson.

• Kayel@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Obviously the ven diagram fits. Makes me fondly remember /r/reddit back in the day.

Nothing has to be perfect. We sit at the precipice of a federated future. Let’s have some fun.

• dingleberry
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Build quality wise i definitely prefer Samsung, but they gotta install OneShit, Knox and like a dozen different clones of GMS apps.