cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I always did this on Reddit too and it saved my ass a couple of times. Especially because Reddit disallows comments that are too long. The web UI will just silently fail and your long ass comment is gone.

• grue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That was one of the advantages of using third-party clients: whenever a comment I was using Slide to write failed to post, it automatically saved a copy so that I could try again.

• mizu@vlemmy.net
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A long book review I wrote for my community vanished into thin air 👍

Never making that mistake again

• DreadTowel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah… If you’re not making a shitpost, it’s best to write it out in full in a notepad, save, then copy & paste 😅

• Leyla :)@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What, you don’t have a perfect memory of what comment you were going to leave when you were taking a shit 6 hours ago? How else are people supposed to use my software? Smh, people these days

• Eh-I@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

What, you don’t have a perfect memory of what comment you were going to leave when you were taking a shit 6 hours ago?

I might remember if I forget to flush.

• MaelGuerra@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Markor is an app for “notes”, that just happens to be fully capable of using markdown, and can handle mid length writing (up to a couple of chapters).

While it doesn’t sync with its own service, you can use any syncing apps to handle that. I use foldersync on my android devices, it syncs both ways from gdrive, my nas, and the sd card on each device it can be scheduled any way you want.

But, when you know you’re going to get wordy, you open markor, type away, and do it at leisure since unless the device dies totally, it’ll just save where you are if you close the app. When you’re done, copy/paste back into your app/site and Bob’s your uncle.

I use markor because it’s well coded with no bugs I can find, it’s open source, and it bloody well works. Standard markdown formatting, easy exports, easy to use. It’s pretty much the most reliable app I’ve ever used, and by far the most reliable note/writing app

• Xylight (Photon dev)@lemmy.xylight.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I feel like comments shouldn’t be a part of “optimistic updates” (showing the result before getting a response from the server)

A good client would only remove the content from the text box once it gets a successful response