I bought this juice carton but I’ve never seen this type of opening in my life. I’m stumped. Edit: omg I didn’t even notice the “lift” sign, thanks everyone! I did it!

• Wander@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Push the front part in with your thumb as you pull the narrower part up with your fingers.

• finn_der_mensch
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Exactly, lift what’s left in the picture and pull towards you. It will push a hole through the carton with the right part which you can push down to support the plastic a bit. Note these cartons cannot be closed again. EDIT: they can at least partly, see below

• Crackhappy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s full of juice. What do you do with things that are full of juice? Easy! Take a big ole bite.

• Doxin@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You pull up on the orange bit with the hole on it. It’ll take some force since the opposite end will perforate the packaging as you do so.

• ValiantDust@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is giving me flashbacks. These used to be very common here in Germany for ice tea. But they sucked so much, we usually lifted up the edges and cut them off.

• Etterra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Is it from Japan? They love weird packaging. Anyway the box looks simple enough, just stab it with an awl punch. A screwdriver would probably work fine too, or probably just a sharp knife.

• T156@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s basically a pull-tab, like the one on a can, but with a hinge. You open it the same way, but without the actual pulling.

It’s hard to see, but the smaller part says “Lift”, so you can probably just pull up all the way, and it’ll open.