Yolanda Díaz says money for study, training or starting a business would ensure ‘equality of opportunity’

• Double_A
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

the initiative would cost €10bn, which would be raised by taxing the rich.

Ah yes… far-left nonsense talking points.

• catarina@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The minister, who was raised in a staunchly communist household, said she had been unable to follow her own dreams of becoming an employment inspector

Excuse me, wtf, who dreams of growing up to be a labour inspector!?

• 6h0st_in_the_machin3@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Not everyone on this planet grows wanting to be an actress or a football player, some people have dreams that don’t follow the norm, it’s called “being independent”…

• catarina@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

That is not the point, geez.
        The point is that seems like a really far-fetched thing to even be on the radar of someone growing up. It’s like Quality Assurance Engineer or Health and Safety Inspector, 99.99% of kids/teens never even heard of it, let alone aspire to become one.

Although if she grew up in a staunchly communist household, labour relations were possibly a common topic. But it’s still amusing, to me at least, that she grew up wanting to do that, because it is highly unusual.

• 6h0st_in_the_machin3@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hummm… 12 years ago that was my yearly net salary, are you telling me you can launch a business at 18 yo that will return a living profit within one year or less?

• HubertManne@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Would be better to just do 200 a month for life. Would not be enough to survive but would give those with less a bit of breathing room and ability to take a bit of risk. I feel these things are better done often at small amounts as some folks can’t manage money well. Also make a law not allowing it to be touched by creditors. Someone owes money and you can’t take it from this pile.