• CarbonatedPastaSauce@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

People (guys usually) also answer like this when they are trying to tell you exactly what you want to hear so that you’ll sleep with them. They feel like if they give any wrong answer early on, they’ve lost their chance. It’s a very manipulative mindset. He was like a deer in the headlights, not knowing if any answer he gave would be the right answer since he doesn’t know her at all yet. So he stalls, hoping she’ll drop it.

Or he might just be an idiot.

Either way, drop them and move on to somebody who will be real with you.

• GustavoM@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

In other words, playing games, i.e trying to “tick her funne bone” so he gets someone else to play instead of himself. But what most of those guys fail to acknowledge is that “tickling her funne bone” takes time – it’s not a “free pussy pass” of any sort that you “say it”, and she goes “WHOOAAA fuck me mister! Fuck me right NOW!”. That is not “acting tough” or smart, but acting like a douche.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, that was my thought as well. This is the type of person who is only going to say something of they think it will impress you. The second possibility is that they will share nothing of themselves, period. In either case, they don’t seem like good relationship material.

• Aesthesiaphilia@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

They feel like if they give any wrong answer early on, they’ve lost their chance.

To be fair, that’s usually correct. Women have their pick of men, generally. If a guy answers a band she doesn’t like, most likely she’ll move on.

So guys lie and tell her everything she wants to hear. And then once they get their foot in the door, they can start telling the truth.

This guy handled it very badly but I can see why he didn’t want to answer.

• FlihpFlorp@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah I may not be a relationship expert but if I have to lie for an ice breaker not even a deep question just an ice breaker I don’t think that relation will work