As is stated in the title, I created and moderated !prolife@lemmy.world. According to the modlog, this community was removed 10 days ago. The modlog doesn’t show me who removed the community. I understand the community wouldn’t necessarily be everyone’s cup of tea, but the actions taken seem improper.

EDIT

After making my case via email to info@lemmy.world, I received the following response:

“We would rather not have a prolife community on our instance. We were getting a lot of reports about it and we have enough on our plate. I’m sure you can find an instance that better suits your needs.”

This community was incredibly small (19 subscribers), had less than 10 postings, and had several waves of trollings. Yet, the admins of lemmy.world would rather do away with this community than bother to review if it has broken any rules or is the target of trolling/bullying. I take nothing away from the right to run their instance as they see fit. Perhaps the Code of Conduct should also explicitly state “we reserve the right to do anything we want, regardless of any published rules”.

• HybridSarcasm@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I checked the terms for lemmy.world and mastodon.world. I don’t what rule was explicitly broken. That’s why I am asking to discuss this with the mod team.

• Schmedes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Might be a good spot for one of the instance moderators to chime in. Not sure if it’s appropriate to tag them in posts like this but it might be a nice spot to provide a clear explanation that others can point to for future examples of this type of removal.

I didn’t see anything about misinformation in the CoC but one of them might have felt the community was inflammatory. It’ll also be interesting to see if this is one of those things they just don’t want on their instance. While we would like impartial instances in general, they are running it for us and Lemmy is likely in a limbo period of trying to establish precedence for what is allowed.

One of the reasons I wanted to follow this post is to hopefully get an even clearer explanation on what is allowed and what to expect going forward from this instance.

• Schmedes@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I wasn’t able to see the posts from the community as it has been removed, but the comments in that community from you point to the possibility that it was inflammatory.

A response from an instance moderator should help clarify the reasoning though.