So a friend of mine had his nissan rogue 2013 towed on two wheel for no more than 2 miles. It wasn’t on neutral mode. The moment he got his car back, he felt the car was making slight noises when he was driving. Is this a sign of concern?

• XeroxCool@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

The manual doesn’t recommend 2-wheel towing awd models without using a dolly. It’s not aggressively against it which makes me think it might not be an issue for short/slow tows. edit: actually the nice blurb is followed by a warning saying never tow an awd with wheels on the ground.

The system generally runs in 2wd mode but it’s not clear to me when exactly the rear wheels engage. I beleive they are engaged when first accelerating, but it doesn’t say anything when the car is off.

It’s possible something is damaged, but it’s less likely than just being hyperalert to an existing noise. A Nissan shop or at least a Nissan forum would be a better source for this exact condition though. I didn’t see it wasn’t in neutral, that makes no sense from the towing company’s perspective. You should make sure “park” still stops the car from rolling.