• beneeney@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Ngl I feel like falling asleep when I drive an automatic car. I’m not even a car bro or anything. I just think if I’m gonna have to drive a lot, it may as well be more engaging to my monkey brain

• AA5B@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

But there’s nothing to engage, nothing to do. They just add a momentary drop of power like you’d hear in an automatic. You’re not taking any action. There’s no skill to develop. There’s no fun to be had

I like appreciating the wonders of the machine as they are. I love driving a stick and revel in the sudden revs, power. I love how smooth an automatic can shift. I love the steady pull of a CVT. And as of two hours ago, I love the sudden incredible thrill of huge amounts of torque in an EV. Be true to the machine, don’t accept a fake

• Grass@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I drove a 200km round trip daily for several years and there were times where I only remember getting and the car after work and suddenly being home. I couldn’t have been asleep since I didn’t die and made the correct turns. It was a stick shift 98 civic.