link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

But yeah, it kinda looks like we should also start regulating 3D-printers and require registration on purchase. Not really a fan of mass surveillance, but if you have a database of people who bought a 3D printer, you kinda have a starting point if you are looking for those assholes.

It kind of sounds like you are in favor of mass surveillance. Try to make me register my CR10 with the state and you’ll see my opinion on 2A flip instantaneously

“They’re fascists,” and you want my name on a list because I own an articulated octopus machine

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

More like “oh no, Europeans will absolutely ban the sale and ownership of 3d printers if they’re allowed to”

• hackerman@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Oh no, you are on a list of 3D printer owners. Oh no, the world will end.

And when they ban manufacturing of guns, first people they’re getting search warrants for are those with registered 3d printers. Why else have the list?

And registering your purchase is like such a common thing, you do it’s when buying ammo, a firearm, a car, an apartment…

Most US states don’t require registration of either firearms or ammo. Background checks are only required for the firearm, which does leave a trail, but only of X serial number was purchased by Y person on Z date. If you make your own firearms, depending on the state, serial numbers are optional, or can be whatever you want.

Also my car is only registered if I want to drive on public road ways. Not on purchase. Apartments, houses, etc, only apply when I want to update my license to drive, or vote. Otherwise the government couldn’t give 2 shits.

You live in a horrible surveillance state and defend it. Most modern countries are to some degree, but you’ll gladly hand over you internet, contact and travel history when asked it seems. All for the benefit of something that doesn’t care about you.