• Epilektoi_Hoplitai@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“Purebloods Stand Together,”

“right of protection and preservation of … the vessels of the souls of my children.”

Yeah, NBD, just a new cult religion forming in real time here.

• heartlessevil@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

That is not just a cult. This seems to be a case of outright Nazis. Notice how they are seig heiling in the article image:

seig heil from article

But I wanted to draw particular attention to your quote. Count how many words are in it. Notice that it’s 14. It’s a dogwhistle for the 14 words. Here is a comparison:

“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”

“right of protection and preservation of … the vessels of the souls of my children.”

The group are clearly neo-Nazis and the reporters are not doing themselves justice by leaving this unsaid. The reporters should do more research on the codewords that neo-Nazis use to stay under the radar. In other words, when you are covering extremists, hire people who have studied extremism.

• sbv@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

So, for the “seig heil” photo, three people have their arms up. Two of them have their arms angled forward (could be Nazi) but with clenched fists (not Nazi), and the third is waving. The arm angled forward with a clenched fist is reminiscent of the black power salute. If we’re inferring politics from stances, we could say these dudes are Nazi Black Panthers.

And for the 14 words: notice the ellipsis in the middle of the quote. That means the journalist dropped some words to condense the text. Does that mean the writer is a Nazi? Probably not.

Like other people said: not everybody we disagree with is a Nazi. They are wrong for a bunch of very obvious reasons, so focus on those.

• Cracks_InTheWalls@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

I have to agree - looking at the full quote in the article and ignoring the [and], I count 19 words, plus whatever was omitted. And that isn’t a seig heil in the photo.

Is this a collection of idiots and (probably) some bad actors? Yeah. Do white nationalist groups recruit people of this kind? Absolutely. Is the term “Pureblood” troubling, given all the eugenic overtones it carries? 100%, though I’m willing to note the connotation of ‘not adulterated by artificial means’ too.

The information in the article does not support this being a Nazi thing. Damaging and troubling in its own right, sure, but for different reasons.

• S_204@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Not everyone we disagree with is a Nazi… everyone who agrees with Nazis is a Nazi though and echoing the 14 words while using terms like pure blood leaves no doubt who they support.

• S_204@lemmy.world
              cake
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

Ya, this is where you expose yourself as a Nazi defender. No one believes that’s a coincidence or mistake. If that’s the approach you’re taking, you’d be wise to assume that not everyone is as dumb as you.

Note, I pointed out that it echoed, which is done so people like you think they have an opening to defend it. It’s a pathetic cover that only the most ignorant would believe.

• m-p{3}@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Although I disagree with the anti-vaccine movement and I hate that they’re undermining the public perception of science and all the vaccines advances brought to public health, calling them nazis or fascists is counter-productive and minimizes the atrocities and horrors the Jewish people faced.

• grte@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

All these marks who will flood a court to defend their guy will also empty their pockets for him if he says what they want to hear.

• Mars@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Doc saw his opportunity to diversify out and pursue his lifelong desire to be a preacher 😂

• No_Eponym@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

And the Lord sayeth, pay mine announced tithe and follow their words. And so He spoke, very legal and very cool.

• corsicanguppy@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

doctor’s fans flood court

If popularity ruled over what’s correct, we’d trust MW dictionary, and ‘emails’ would be correct for noun usage while ‘datas’, ‘efforts’ and ‘traffics’ is still wrong.

Oh. Wait.

• TemporaryBoyfriend@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And I’ll bet not one could pass a high-school science exam.

It’s such a strange dichotomy that people who know the least about the how anything in the entire world works are the most vocal/confident about the bullshit nonsense they spew…