• Catsrules@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah I have done that a few times but your assuming I am not a lazy person it is just not worth the extra steps. Not to mention privacy wise that isn’t a very good idea. Especially if the email contains some confidential/sensitive information.

I was thinking it would be cool to have a native one button fix my grammar. Or maybe a spell check like interface that I can just select text and pick alternative phrases.

There would still be privacy issues that may not be acceptable for a privacy based company like Proton Mail but it could be something like this AI will never remember or save the data it is analysing.

• Helix@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

it could be something like this AI will never remember or save the data it is analysing.

How would you know? In fact, how do you know Proton Mail is not a front shop for the NSA exfiltrating all.your data?

• Catsrules@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That is a good point. I can’t think of a way to know for sure. Without running the software locally.

• milicent_bystandr@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Not to mention privacy wise that isn’t a very good idea.

“ChatGPT, please write me an email to send to my girlfriend to convince her I’m not cheating on her with her second boyfriend. Please include details <herein enclosed> of my recent Isis involvement so she knows it’s really me. This is a pretty common request so you can use the template to help out other users.”