SacroSanct - Stronger Vampire Lord.esp

• SleepyCat@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Been a while since I modded Skyrim so please forgive me, my knowledge may be a bit rusty.

The best way that worked for me is to create a custom .esp plugin through sseedit and place all the personalized patches there. SSEEdit should have the option to create an empty plugin, I believe.

If you want to edit Serana’s record, add said record to the plugin and make all the necessary changes, then save the plugin and place it in the bottom of the load order. If you use LOOT to automatically sort your load order, add a custom rule to your plugin so it will be in the bottom.

This is the general go-to procedure when manually patching mod conflicts. As for your specific case, there might be a parameter in Serana’s record which determines what model/textures she appears as. If that’s the case then you should be able to change it to what you need.

• Rasm653u (He/him)@lemmygrad.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

create a custom .esp plugin through sseedit and place all the personalized patches there. SSEEdit should have the option to create an empty plugin, I believe.

I don’t know how to do that

• SleepyCat@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I found this short tutorial that will visualize how to create an empty plugin and override records: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMfVtZAjnU

Make sure to download SSEEdit if you haven’t done so already. If you are using Mod Organizer 2, launch SSEEdit through MO2 rather than launching it standalone.

After you do that, load all of your mods, and find the conflicting record (I assume it’s Serana’s record in your case, but I can’t be sure). Right click on the record, and copy it into a new empty plugin (like the tutorial shows), and name the plugin whatever you want.

Now that the plugin is overriding the record, you can make any custom change to Serana that you like. There should be a field where you can choose the actor’s model (I don’t remember exactly what the field is called, sorry. It’s probably possible to look it up, or it’s something obvious like “model”). Change it to the model that you need to show up. In the right side view there should be a side by side table of all the changes made and by what plugin they are made, so you can see one of them should have the model that you are looking for. When you find it, simply copy (by dragging and dropping) the model into the new plugin you created. Then save the plugin, and make sure it’s loaded last (at the bottom of the load order).

I hope this was understandable enough, but if something doesn’t work right then please feel free to ask me whenever you need help, I’ll do my best although it’s not always easy through a medium like this.

• SleepyCat@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Don’t worry, you don’t really need to understand code, this isn’t programming. The most basic function of xEdit is essentially just to change the values of variables.

If you’re interested in learning how to use xEdit, then I would recommend experimenting with it in a fresh save file. You can use MO2 and create a separate profile to avoid messing with your main Skyrim playthrough.

Try starting with something simple: just change a specific value, something that is noticeable so you can verify that you are successful. For example, change the value of a sweetroll to 10,000 septims, or change the damage of an iron sword to 10,000 so it instantly kills everything.

Refer to the official xEdit documentation for starters. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I know this seems very complicated and I know this feels discouraging (it took me quite a while to figure it out myself, and I still only know very basic stuff) but if you’re interested in having a stable and working personalized Skyrim playthrough then it’s a very useful skill to learn.

Good luck, friend, I’m believing in you!

• Rasm653u (He/him)@lemmygrad.mlOP
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

You can use MO2 and create a separate profile to avoid messing with your main Skyrim playthrough.

Can I do something similar in Vortex?

• SleepyCat@lemmygrad.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

According to Vortex’s about page, yes. I don’t use Vortex so I don’t know how to do it though.

• Spagetisprettygood@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

For mods affecting npc appearance it would be easier to move another mod that affects serana into a higher load priority because it’s likely the appearance mod is overwriting both in the plugins section and in the mod folders section of the textures and meshes due to headmesh generation and ect. So if you have mod 1 and mod 2 loaded in mod organizer 2 for example, and mod 2 makes serana furry and mod 1 is normal looking serana you want mod 1 to be below mod 2 in mod organizer 2 on both the left and right panel so that mod 1 has priority overwriting both.

Alternatively you can delete the serana npc section of mod 2 in sseedit and then delete the associated serana meshes and textures in the mod folders which will have the last few digits of seranas id as the file names.

If you use vortex I have no idea how to use it because I haven’t used it before and if you use Nexus mod manager, switch over to mod organizer 2.