• Habahnow@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

You’re right, what I should have also added to my post was that, I disagree with the assertion that the Dem party is evil. Flawed? sure, our 2 party system will only allow for flawed parties, but to say their evil is downright showing ignorance or disinformation for the examples that I gave.

• thecrotch@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Democrats voted for Afghanistan, Iraq, the Patriot act, and countless other evil legislation. They’re absolutely evil. So they’re less evil than the Republicans, so what? Should I give them a cookie?

• Habahnow@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

You’re like 20 years behind, catch up. Give them a cookie? Give them your vote. The alternative is republicans who RIGHT NOW, IN THIS YEAR are attempting to restrict abortions, deny the elections, restrict lgbt+ rights. Democrats are fighting against that. But yeah you’re right maybe split you’re vote because both sides “are the same”.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I didn’t say they’re the same. They don’t have to be the same to both suck. Fuck you for telling me how to vote. You got a lot of nerve.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

He’s absolutely wrong. A lot of the same reps who voted for the evil shit I mentioned 20 years ago are still around. Democrats sponsor and vote for evil shit to this day. How many times has the Patriot act been extended? The RESTRICT act was bipartisan. The fact that they wear a pride flag while doing it doesn’t absolve them.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  8 months ago

I don’t think anybody said that. Also, nobody’s telling you how to feel. Democrats regularly sponsor and vote for evil shit, that’s a fact, feelings don’t enter into it.

• frunch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

No, but you should still vote for them. What else can you do? Vote independent? Change the world?

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

My state is reliably going to be won by the same party no matter what I do, and that party is going to get 100% of our electoral votes no matter what I do. So I vote third party, because if they can get 20% of the popular vote they get to be in the debates next time around. Living in a locked down state, it’s the only way my vote can possibly have a chance of making any difference.