• iod@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Just makes it easier for people who are accustomed to searching for useful things mainly on appstores. Many have no idea you can have full functionality in the form of PWAs.

• yoichi@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I just love that the dev is able to pump out updates pretty much daily. Getting anything reviewed on both the App Store and Play Store takes ages

• kill_dash_nine@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

As someone who hasn’t really used many PWAs in the past, I am realizing that like 90% of the apps on my phone could probably just be a PWA. Hell, most of them just seem to be wrapping a browser in an iOS app anyway.

• CoffeeDev@lemmy.studio
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I have known about PWAs for a while, and it always has annoyed me just how many apps I have that could be PWAs instead. I think apps can be tracked to a greater degree than websites, so, at least for closed-source stuff made by companies, native apps give more data they can use and sell.

• buco@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

They’ll find some other app in the playstore then. Wefwef is awesome as it is.

• iod@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

yeah i have the same view. mlem comes to mind right away. lemmy is having a boom in app development.

my only wish is for wefwef to have haptic feedback support like Apollo used to have but the dev said there are some limitations because its a pwa.