Apple Music isn’t the best streaming music service — it’s just the least annoying::Competitors like Spotify and YouTube Music may be your first choice for music on Android, but you might want to reconsider

• DeadlineX@lemm.ee
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

“Ive never used this service. I don’t intend to use this service. Having never tried, I will assert that this service is hard to use. The web interface is basically the same as popular competitor Spotify, but I have decided this company in particular is the worst. All of the companies that demand my loyalty suck, but this one sucks more because I don’t use it. Google and android are great because Apple sucks.”

They all suck. Companies are inherently greedy and selfish. But don’t confidently say something untrue because you don’t like the company that makes something. If your only input is based on biased hate, maybe just let that one go. Give input on things you have experience with and enjoy. Idk why you think Apple Music is so hard and deeply annoying. The website works fine and seems pretty basic as shit to me.

• DeadlineX@lemm.ee
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

lol I won’t disagree with you here. And I’m not saying Apple Music has a good interface. Just that it’s no worse than Spotify or Amazon.

I’ve never used YouTube music, so I can’t say, but if it’s anything like YouTube, I’m sure I’d hate it too.

• kescusay@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I’ve used Apple services. My kids have iPads. The parental controls and shared app library controls required for them was a pain in the ass to set up, because there is no web interface for it. You have to use the iOS or MacOS app store for certain steps.

I succeeded only because I managed to get a hold of an old, unused Mac from my work, which I could configure with my Apple account.

• DeadlineX@lemm.ee
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I can’t speak to parental controls, as I’ve not ever and hopefully will never set them up. That could be a completely valid point. I don’t know, and I wasn’t talking about that.

What I want to know is whether you’ve used Apple Music to come to the conclusion that it is craptacular and deeply annoying.

I’m not saying Apple doesn’t have some shitty services. I just think Apple Music isn’t one of them, and I’d like to know how you arrived to that conclusion.

• kescusay@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Admittedly it’s been a few years since I messed around specifically with Apple Music, but my recollection is that its recommendations were mediocre, it made playing a full album unreasonably complicated, and its playlist tab was horrible (at least on iOS).

If it’s changed for the better, I’m sure there are plenty of genuine fans, but it lost me pretty permanently with the experience that was available around 2020 or so.

• DeadlineX@lemm.ee
            cake
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I use it because it came bundled with Apple one. I’ve found it to be really solid personally. I can’t speak to YouTube music as I haven’t used it, but Apple Music is just as good as Spotify and Amazon music in my personal experience.