Houston lawsuit seeks to halt looming “Death Star” bill

• finder@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Because they have not experienced the cruelty of what they are supporting. . . yet. The moment they do, they’ll cry and whine that it’s affecting them.

See Florida stopping permanent alimony and the blow back from Republicans that are shocked it’s affecting them.

• HandsHurtLoL@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I just left two massive comments over on that thread explaining why the Florida law is problematic despite parts of it sounding common sensical.

• Drusas@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I’ve been online way too much over the past couple days, and I haven’t even come across any posts about that. Was that here on the fediverse? If so, apparently I need to find some more communities.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Quickly adding that !politics is a different place than /m/politics, which is on kbin.social. /m/politics is not very active, and I recently created a post to generate interest in finding moderators because there are 2 major alt-right assholes over there who are posting frequently and are like 30% of all the threads created there.

• WhiskyTangoFoxtrot@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

The funny thing is that alt-right assholes is virulently anti-Trump and pro-DeSantis. It’s hilarious seeing them tie themselves up in knots trying to justify why Trump’s flavour of alt-right bullshit is bad but DeSantis’ nearly identical flavour is good.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 year ago

I don’t know if you saw my comments on one of their posts yesterday, but I refuse to be drawn into a conversation with him. I’m glad there are others in the community already trying to combat the bigotry, but I’m sad their wasting their time on it at all. He is obviously not trying to persuade anyone there, so debating him is not possible.

• Drusas@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 year ago

I could probably manage to be a temporary moderator with how much I’m online lately. I certainly like to report alt right assholes, so blocking them or removing their content isn’t far off.

Don’t know that I can say I can do it long-term, however. Especially if it becomes very big.

Edit: I myself am on kbin.social, but I subscribe to duplicate magazines/communities on other instances.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 year ago

I’m realizing that I myself am probably going to end up being a moderator … Ugh

I used to mod on reddit back in like 2012 and I knew how much time it took and I got way too consumed with it, but I think the priority isn’t that moderators are vigilant 24 hours a day, but that users who harm the community are actively removed within a reasonable amount of time. Also the sub I used to mod went from like 6k to 10k users while I was there. There are maybe 25 people max on !politics 🤣🤣

Go leave a comment on the thread and I’ll sort of wrap it up tonight with a proposal for 3 of us to approach Ernest about adding us as mods.