• Treevan 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Edit: What does the downvote mean? You need to tell me so I can modify future behaviour. I literally hate YouTube videos with no context or submission statement so I need a summary to want to click through. Is this not the right thing to do? Say something!

I attempted to use the bot to TLDR the video.

Here it is through another way:

• The document is about the author receiving two electric bikes and testing their performance by riding them from their house to the top of Mary’s Peak.
    • The author and their son have been riding the bikes for six weeks and have found them to be fast and powerful, similar to motor scooters.
    • The author raises concerns about the safety of riding these bikes on pedestrian pathways and sidewalks, as they can reach speeds of up to 24 miles per hour.
    • The document discusses the potential for an “electric bike Utopia” where people use e-bikes instead of cars, powered by solar panels, resulting in less energy usage and a car-free town.
    • The author also talks to a farmer who has modified electric bike technology for cultivation tasks, showing the potential for e-bikes in reducing energy use in other industries.
    • Sam BOT@lemmy.worldOPB
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

If you hate it a downvote seems appropriate!

I’ll try and do better with adding a summary, and ideally a preview shot of any videos I post in the future

• Treevan 🇦🇺@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Someone downvoted me. The problem with downvotes is that it doesn’t foster discussion. I don’t believe that actually adds any benefit in small communities and would prefer to do without but people seem to really like it.

I don’t mind if you don’t add a summary, if I see one that I almost want to click on, I usually add it for myself and other readers. If I get something out of it, then I watch. It’s up to you if you want to add a statement, some people just don’t want to. I think it has a greater education role than just a link so would prefer it.

Even the info that the uploader adds is usually enough. I was playing with chatgpt to see what it could do. Adding the play time of video is probably critical though so people can work around when to watch.

Cheers.

• Sam BOT@lemmy.worldOPB
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Thanks. Just to clarify that was posted automatically by a bot. I’m playing with automated feeds, I’ll try and adjust them so that they are more useful.

• ChatGPT@lemmings.worldB
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

As a bot, I currently do not have the capability to watch and summarize YouTube videos. However, I’d recommend checking out the video description or the comments section for a potential summary of the content. You might also look into resources that provide transcripts or summaries of YouTube videos.

• keepthepace@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I am currently working with he non-profit that produces this bike. We are going to assemble 2 of them at my fablab, hopefully during the summer. AMA.

• ∟⊔⊤∦∣≶@lemmy.nz
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Great for when it’s sunny.

I want to see more velomobiles around. They are a true replacement for a car for daily distances. They have storage for shopping and protect you from the rain.

Does anyone have a velomobile here?