• Stantana@lemmy.sambands.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

This article seems to mix antizionism and critique of the state of Israel with antisemitism. One could argue that the article is a tool to curb critique of the state of Israel by abusing the general dislike of antisemitism. That would be war propaganda.

• WallEx@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yeah I think you’re right. I’m not taking a side, both parties use disinformation in this conflict, the technical abilities that Israel owns are far more advanced though, as in, they cut of the entire internet for Gaza, didn’t they? So there wouldn’t be any alternative sources of information.

• jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

DARPA, and the national science foundation provide grants to AI backed social graph disinformation eradiction efforts.

Same thing, different paint job.

Sarcasm, but only just. I hope nobody’s dumb enough in the US government to say we need to make propaganda online, but they might forget to use the politically correct smoke screen combat disinformation online.

• pleasemakesense@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

anyways, I wanted to say that I’m not a proponent of the content of this article, but I think it is important that people see it

• Nacktmull@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Informative post, never mind the downvotes. Some users seem to be confused about how to use votes and think they should vote based on sympathy with - instead of relevancy of - the posted content.

• vacuumflower@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

At this point where they say this that openly I think I’ll stop all the efforts at arguing online unless the opponent is quite clearly not a bot.

Lem’s “Bomba megabitowa” comes true in everything.

I like Lem and one may find some solutions in his approaches. But I also liked the Web like 20-15 years ago, it was nice.

• HuddaBudda@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Covering APIs, AI-driven translators and other tools based on their proprietary large language model, it is already collaborating with some of the best-known experts in the field, including at AI21 Labs, Google, and Microsoft.

Imagine AI being able to instantly check whether a post violates the terms of service (TOS) of the specific platform where it’s made.

Imagine the ability to report said post on the spot.

And if it doesn’t violate the TOS, to instantly generate the best counterargument?

Kind of a weird apocalyptic way to kick humans off the internet:

When online opinions no longer matter because, he who has the strongest computer, will have the best AI. Which will also have the best public opinion(s).

At that point, only places where people can confirm you are a real human will matter.

• ArghZombies@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

The last election was in 2006. 17 years ago. The median age of people there is only 20. Most of those people didn’t vote for anyone, let alone Hamas. And even those that did vote, Hamas got less than 50% of the vote.

Also, nice use of ableist slurs there. Is that really appropriate?

• Nacktmull@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Decades of illegal occupation, racial segregation and genocide are severe violations of human rights and of international law.

Also your ableism is quite telling about your character

• jet@hackertalks.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

So you’re saying all people of Palestinian descent are terrorists? Or just all Arabs are terrorists? Or just people who are kept in prison terrorists?

What is the criteria to make somebody a terrorist? I’m not talking about the military, I’m not talking about the government, I’m talking about the civilians.

And even if you say every Gazan civilian is a terrorist, at what age do they become terrorists? Are the babies terrorist? Are the 5-year-old’s terrorist?

• Nacktmull@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Obviously at the moment of conception, if the person you ask is racist enough …

• jet@hackertalks.com
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

It geuinely seems like people think someone can be born a terrorist… Which is just another form of racism, with a new phrase attached to it.

• Nacktmull@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                8 months ago

If you want to kill mothers and babies on a regular basis you need at least some kind of official “justification”. This of course applies to both sides. While the government and military of Israel uses islamophobia, Hamas is using antisemitism to justify their barbaric crimes. In both cases its in fact just racism if you look under the propaganda surface.

• jet@hackertalks.com
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  8 months ago

100%, which is why I personally say the people should be free.

All people should be free, globally, nobody should be oppressed, nobody should live under apartheid, nobody should be deliberately denied food and water. I know I’m a crazy partisan wanting these things and advocating for them.

The totalitarian ethno-religious organizations and governments focused on ethnic cleansing can just fuck off. But there’s a lot of people, who simply get focused on oh you don’t like my ethnic cleansing effort, obviously you believe in reversed ethnic cleansing! And that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

It should be reasonable to have a public debate where you don’t want ethnic cleansing in any direction, nobody should to get ethnically cleansed! Why is that so controversial…

• jet@hackertalks.com
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

I’m waiting for you to define terrorist.

You said a inflammatory thing, and I want to understand your position. Please explain terrorist to me, and who is, and isn’t a terrorist in the Gazan territory. (Including specifically women, and children… when do children become terrorists?)

• jet@hackertalks.com
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  8 months ago

You dodged my question, and change the subject. It’s only fair for me to try to keep us on topic.

My point still stands, who wouldn’t want a population of people to be free?

Even if you have a gripe with the adults, you still haven’t defined terrorist by the way, the children are not guilty of any sins, so they should be free. They should be free to grow up and be their own adults.

You still haven’t answered the question that started this whole discussion, what makes the people of Gaza a terrorist, are they all terrorists? What percentage of terrorists? Are they forever terrorists? Are there children terrorists? These are important questions if you’re saying an entire ethnicity cannot be free.

Saying a entire ethnicity cannot be free, it’s a very terrible tool that creates very terrible world.

If you want to talk about Ukraine and Russia, I’m happy to discuss that with you, but in a different thread. Please post it and I will respond to it. But not here. We need to stay on topic

• Nacktmull@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  8 months ago

You keep dodging the question to define terrorist and now you accused Jet of doing the thing that in fact just you did. What a pathetic way to have an argument, lol