• EfficientEffigy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

They have just announced a new collaboration between Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis and Final Fantasy IX

It’s just a tweet about ffIX skins on Ever Crisis.

Don’t fall for the click bait. This article has nothing concrete.

• PBPunch@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

It will be interesting to see what style of remake they use for this title. I personally would like it to look like DragonQuest XI but I know I’m in a minority with that request. :(

• Kahizzle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

7 remake absolutely slapped. Can’t wait for the next part, especially after they showed off the big open areas and side-content.

• OmegaMouse@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Yeah true. 7 Remake (i.e. part 1) was good though and a decent length game in itself. Yes, it is a cash grab to milk one game like this. But at the same time if each part is an enjoyable game in itself, I don’t see the issue. I’ll wait for them to go on sale either way.

• sederx@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

i gave up the first part basically halfway. thats not what i call a good game tbh to me it looked inferior to the original in almost every way

• OmegaMouse@feddit.uk
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

What made you give up? It’s a very different game from the original of course. Graphically though it was beautiful I thought

• Wugger@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

In FF7R someone gave sephiroth a playstation and a copy of ff7 and he played it and saw himself lose, so now he’s trying to change history while spooky fate ghosts are trying to stop him and you from changing the game’s story. The changes are not improvements to the story. It’s like they forgot they’re remaking the most famous video game of all time, and thought they needed to fix it to make sales. The thing that makes me saddest about this game is that because it exists, we will never get a remake of the real ff7, one without blocks for hands.

Ff7 was pretty dark, and most famous for killing off its heroine. I’m not confident that’s even going to happen this time. They didn’t even let the members of avalanche die for some reason.

I particularly loved the music of ff7. It was simple, but the songs were powerful and memorable. The new music added a dozen instruments to each track, all playing over the main theme and drowning it out. The new music is just pretty-good bgm. Old Shinra theme was intense. New Shinra theme was weak.

• _ed@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I found FF 7Remake highly enjoyable and didnt feel like it took anything away from the OG