To start off with I had a Ryzen 3400G and an MSI B450 Tomahawk Max that had become unstable and took several tries to boot. I decided to swap in an ASUS Prime B550M-A wifi.

The only issue is I was triple booting Kubuntu, Windows 7, and Windows 10, so this would be interesting.

TL/DR:

Kubuntu booted normally. Like seriously, just a regular boot, no messages or anything.

Windows 7 froze a few seconds into the loading screen. I tried rebooting and using safe mode, but that froze too.

Windows 10 gave a bunch of ‘rechecking’ and ‘fixing file system’ messages, and after about 2 reboots with more messages, opened to a workable desktop.

• OpticalMooseOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

You might check to see if Windows has deactivated itself.

Hmm, yeah, about that … lol
    But thanks for the tips. I did have to do a sudo mount -a to get it to recognize network shares and raid volume, but I think I was having that issue before the swap.
    It did connect to wifi which was a surprise to me. One thing I didn’t check is if the VPN is routing correctly when I have both wired and wireless connected. Honestly, I don’t even know how to check that, so that’ll be something to keep me busy.