• Steve@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’m revisiting an old favorite of mine. It’s the 90s Toon Disney show, Gargoyles.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Oh, this one is great! The intro was so cool!

• Steve@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah, I love that intro too, especially when Goliath starts narrating.

One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of Gargoyles. Stone by day, warriors by night. We were betrayed by the humans we had sworn to protect, frozen in stone by a magic spell for a thousand years. Now, here in Manhattan, the spell is broken, and we live again! We are defenders of the night! We are Gargoyles!

• yuri@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I recently watched Whiplash for the first time, with a group of people who cracked jokes and talked over literally every single emotional high. When it ended they collectively rated it 6/10 because “there weren’t any likeable characters”.

• Reef@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Started “Search Party”, enjoying it so far. It’s a dark comedy and it’s weird, maybe too weird to be honest

I’ve also been watching “Reasonable Doubt”, which is more of a drama / legal drama. The soundtrack is EXCELLENT. I’m not sure if I’d recommend the show, but I do recommend people try Adrian Younge’s music if you like jazz/soul music

• wetpen@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve been rewatching Breaking Bad and I’ve been picking up on a lot I missed the first time around. Season 3 Walt is an absolute maniacal mess. I’m embarrassed to say I couldn’t link it to the immense guilt he has for the 747’s before.

• edgemaster72@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I just finished Clarkson’s Farm, I’m almost done with season 7 of Psych, and about halfway through the current season of Disenchantment

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I heard the new Rick&Morty isn’t as good as the previous one, and that was the only thing on my radar

• girl@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

lots of project runway, work and life are particularly stressful rn and I need something fun and stupid to occupy my brain in my down time. just finished season 4. my husband and I have a lot of fun imitating Tim

• ElGosso [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I watched Bullet Train (2022), it was good. Some good fight scenes, some explosions. I think it tried a little too hard to be an early Guy Ritchie movie and suffered a little for it but not too much.