My first time setting something up without a DE. I have a lot to learn and a long way until I have an actually usable desktop (or system), but I’m excited and very satisfied so far. Any good ressources for beginners are appreciated.

• CausticFlames@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s always so cool to see people starting with WM’s and no DE! It’s all I’m able to use nowadays. For this setup, all I’d really recommend right now is installing a nerdfont of your choice so you get the icons appearing correctly on your waybar, and if you want a more customizable terminal emulator I use alacritty with alacritty-themes. Kitty could be quite customizable though too, I haven’t delved into it much :)

• CyberEggOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

all I’d really recommend right now is installing a nerdfont of your choice so you get the icons appearing correctly on your waybar,

Thanks, I’ll look into it!

and if you want a more customizable terminal emulator I use alacritty with alacritty-themes.

I’m happy with kitty so far, actually I just have it because it’s the default terminal with keybinds in Hyprland