Hello guys,

I’m thinking about adding a triple monitor to my setup but I’m not sure if I must select VA monitors or IPS monitors.

I know the differences about both and I think the most important is the vision angle so only for that I think the best option is IPS but I would like to have your opinion.

Thanks

• CMDR_Horn@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I had triple VAs years ago and ended up hating it. Bigger bezels back then, but more importantly color variations between them that I couldn’t tweak out drove me bonkers.

I switched recently to a single 48” 4k so I can essentially have 4x1080 windows open in a grid. I highly recommend it if you can swing it

• 4lch3my@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I dont know how VA would work as the left and right monitor but I have a single curved VA as my primary and two IPS as my left and right and outside of color matching its not too shabby. I like it. I’m soon going to be replacing the IPS monitors so I have three identical screens. I have tested the viewing angles and I dont believe Ill have any issues.

• Xhenon@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

This is exactly my fear, not good view in lateral monitors. The frontal one will be good but not sure about laterals

• fiah
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

AFAIK the only VA monitors worth considering for gaming are some of the Samsung VA monitors, the reason being that they’re the only ones that get the required overdrive right. I recommend looking at the monitors unboxed videos, they seem to be very well educated about monitors in a gaming context. I’m afraid VA monitors in general aren’t a great fit for a triple monitor setup though because the viewing angles just aren’t quite as good as IPS