• KᑌᔕᕼIᗩ@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Why is it that in all these stories the kid is actually decent, listens to their parents advice and does well in life?

A lot of the kids I know are little arseholes who do the exact opposite of whatever their parents tell them.

• ursakhiin@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

In this story, the father builds a relationship with their son on common grounds. Parents and children speaking the same language makes building the trust where a child listens to the parent much easier.

In sure this parent and child had times where they were strained in their relationship but that’s not what the OP has chosen to share because that’s not how he wants to remember it.

This is very different than the relationship I had with my parents which was a lot of them trying to convert me to their interests and ignoring my own. And out of the gate yelling when they didn’t get their desired outcome from me immediately. I turned out mostly fine in spite of them. But I also wasn’t inspired to listen to them because they threw more tantrums than I did.

• DrQuint@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

Ah yes, Animal Crossing Mom.png

Sure, up, whatever.

Next