• Hairyblue@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

It’s this. Trump is looking at prison because he actually did crimes. (Biden didn’t indict him. A jury of regular people did, so this is not Biden trying to put Trump in jail. Trump did crimes.) If Trump had enough loyalist in the right places, then Trump would have stayed in power. Trump and wicked republicans did have a plan to end our democracy. They will try again. Trump wants to use the military to force his will on us.

And I am a gay man, atheist, and progressive/left. I am one of the “rats” Trump/maga wants to punish in their revenge presidency.

• cindylouwhovian@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

As a mom of a special needs daughter, I fear for what he and the GOP have planned for my child’s and my basic human rights. I know they think I’m vermin. I cannot fathom what future they think my child should have.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemmy.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Have you considered getting armed and firearms training? Shit will get real next year and you might have to defend yourself and your daughter.

We all desperately need to, in actual fact

• Hairyblue@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

Citizens with guns are good for defending against regular criminals but if Trump gets the military we can’t fight against them.

• CADmonkey@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

The same military that got run out of Afghanistan and Vietnam?

Sure, that might have been due to “public pressure” or “politics” but I think bombing Chicago or rolling tanks down the highway in Dallas will be pretty unpopular, politically.

Add to that the fact that there are a lot of very talented people who would suddenly have a very direct and morally unambiguous target. Did the FBI ever catch the dumb asshole who shot up the substation in NC a year or so back?

It wouldn’t be a decisive win for either side. And who knows how many people in the military would defect, quit, or refuse to fight.

• Patches@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

We really don’t know what would happen in the scenario.

You’re going to be hard pressed if you think most soldiers are going to be a-okay with dropping agent orange in their own hometown.