• rtxn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

But the internet told me that OCD is just a quirk that makes a person align objects on a table! /s

I had OCD, fortunately mostly gone. I always had to step on every distinct surface no more than five times, or something horrible would happen. The overwhelming sense of dread was not pleasant.

• Selmafudd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

My wife is OCD cleaner, I tell people and they’re like lol mine too… no brah. If she is stressed we have to change the bedsheets daily. Toilets and sinks are cleaned minimum once per day but more like 3 times. Vacuums the house 2 to 3 times, mops the whole fucking house 2 times and then like mops random spots 10 times a day. I do all this shit too on my day off while she is at work because I love her and don’t want her to do it all when she gets home and then if I forget one thing it’s an argument… and she will just redo it all anyways so I didn’t have to actually do it. Hours upon hours are spent cleaning. Sometime she is up in the middle of the night like 1am putting on a load of washing or unpacking the dishwasher

• PropaGandalf@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

And here I see once again that most of the categories we use to characterize people in reality resemble more of a spectrum. Everybody probably knows these type of things, but they don’t count as an illness as long as they don’t exceed a critical threshold.