• polygon6121@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I wish it could be so, I need both for work. I have always required a laptop with two separate hdd slots, but Windows tends to mess up everything anyway, and then Linux get the blame for being unstable. I also have a fun thing where the RTC becomes out of sync because win and Linux handle time differently. This can mess up 2FA among other things, so that’s great😅

I think Windows will have to go on a VM instead because it is so unstable.

• crazycaveman@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

You can set Windows to use UTC for the hardware clock (or have Linux use local time shudder). Just need to set a registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
          "RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yup! Windows did an update and hosed your boot record. I don’t even use the same partition for the Windows and Linux boot sectors and Windows still breaks it occasionally. My solution was to just not log into Windows anymore.

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I will eventually need to log back into Windows next time I want to design something in Fusion 360, since there aren’t any stable solutions for Linux, but that’s literally the only thing I need Windows for.

• Dima@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I installed it through lutris and it seemed to work fine, but I didn’t test for long

• 7u5k3n@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I was dual booting because of rocket League.
        The well epic did an epic and so I stopped. My computer is set to boot to the kubuntu drive. I have to make it boot to windows if I need that drive.

I miss drinking and tanking my MMR with buddies… but windows. :/ lol

Good to know I’m saving myself a pain in the ass