both Linux operating systems have 1. A friendly user interface, 2. A hidden terminal, and 3. A locked down root user, to avoid dangerous actions!! Why do people seem to dislike Android when Ubuntu is similar to it??

• kia@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Hidden terminal? Locked down root user? Troll post or do you not know anything about Ubuntu?

• RealM@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Troll post or shill, same account recently asked “why do people dislike google, they’re only doing legal data saving for stuff you search” and then ignored every bit of legitimate croticism that was handed to them.

Makes no sense to interact with such an account.

• 01adrianrdgz@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

no!! I’m not a troll, but Ubuntu uses sudo commands instead of root. And using root is not encouraged… I’m sorry!!

• Euphoma@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Sudo is root. It executes commands as the root user on every linux distro.

• 01adrianrdgz@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

yes I know, I’m sorry. I love both Android and Ubuntu!! And you can get sudo in Android, but it can void the warranty of your phone.

• phx@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

You can potentially get sudo on Android, but the ability to do so largely depends on the device. I guess there may be some devices which run on Linux and lock the user out from installing their own version or accessing super-user, but that’s a lot less common.

I would say that Android is not Linux, but it is based on Linux. The ACK is a based on the core Linux kernel, but with additions that aren’t found in mainline and a fairly different userspace and lack of a GNU C library. They’re more like cousins than siblings at this point.