Welcome to the Melbourne Community Daily Discussion Thread.

• PeelerSheila @aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I think you’re doing well. I find there’s either 2 scenarios which occur. In the first, the initial few kilos are hard to budge and then it starts really happening, then frustratingly it plateaus. In the second, the first few kilos melt off and then it’s a bastard to lose the next few, and then it frustratingly plateaus 😆. I’ve learnt that I’m good all year but then my birthday happens in mid October and I turn into a bear preparing for hibernation from then until after Xmas. I don’t know whether to embrace or fight it.

• Rusty Raven @aussie.zoneM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I’ve found it to be very hormonal for me - I normally go through about a week where I am really hungry all the time and put on weight quickly (presumably mostly water) and then a week where I’m not really hungry at all and the weight all just vanishes again. I’ve learned to just go with that and not stress about it. The problem I’m having at the moment is peri-menopause has put a spanner in the works, and keeps just leaving me in the PMT “hungry” phase for ages.

I’m not pushing to lose weight quickly, but I would like to lose maybe another 20kg over the next few years to get down to a healthy range. My body is really fighting me on it though.

• PeelerSheila @aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Aah perimenopause, I can relate to you there! For me it feels like puberty without any of the fun stuff, like sexual enlightenment. It’s sexual “endarkenment” for me!😆 Certainly one of the main reasons my body wants to get podgy; with physical work and peri combined I feel like a comfy old cushion with muscles. I have drawn a picture which I will share: