• Noxvento@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I understand your point. But still, I have to use sponsorblock. Some content creators have an insane amount of advertising. I would not watch them at all without Sponsorblock. Maybe my view does not make money for them, but atleast it’s good for their metrics.

• zeus ⁧ ⁧ ∽↯∼@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

yeah same. there are many youtubers whom i would have just left the video after the first falsely-cheery misleading promotion, whereas with sponsorblock i’ll at least continue watching the video, helping them algorithmically and possibly allowing others who don’t use sb to see their content

it’s the same thing as “pirated copies ≠ copies not sold”. skipped segments ≠ segments not watched

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Sponsorblock keeps me from downvoting and exiting immediately if someone properly flagged interactions so thst it skips parts where they ask me to like and subscribe when I just started the video. Why would I just clutter my feed with bunch of subscriptions and like it when I haven’t even had a chance to assess whether I like the content.

I don’t know why but I hate it even more than YouTube ads and sponsored segments those smash the like and subscribe and ring the notification bell commands.

• Noxvento@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

LTT is one reason why I installed sponsorblock. I like their Videos, but wow, it’s full of ads.

• Auli@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

What a BS excuse. I do it cause I like free stuff and I don’t have to watch the ads or pay for it. Which is the real reason everyone does it. But it well be an interesting next few years with the basically free money drying up in tech they well have to make money somehow. And I imagine a lot of people well cry when stuff folds or other things happen.

• Noxvento@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Or users will just move on. Why stay and get fucked? See reddit --> lemmy. Not everyone will move on, and that’s fine. Let them watch ads and get spied on. That’s not for me.

• ggadget6@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Lol YouTube as a business is basically impossible to run. There isn’t going to be a place to move on to.

• Mike Stevens 🇦🇺 S23U@lemdro.idM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Well, yeah, but right now lemmy is pretty convenient. No instances are asking users to pay or donate, and obviously many people would sooner flee to another instance than accept the idea of paying for the service they use. But that can’t work for an actual business.