Are there any safe, functional apps for iOS mobile devices (specifically iPhone, but iPad would be nice too) that let you use Youtube without ads? Something like what Youtube Revanced is for Android.

• ANIMATEK@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Pay for premium in Argentina, set a VPN to verify, checks out for me. Family plan is so effing cheap.

• Jordan117@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Does doing this fuck with your recommendations? Or open your account to being banned if you don’t continue accessing it from the subscribed country?

• neoney@lemmy.neoney.dev
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Well, on iOS to have an app-like experience you either connect to your PC every week to re-sign the app, pay ~$15/yr to sideload without a PC or pay $6/yr to get Turkish YouTube Premium, which also gives you YouTube Music Premium and you can use on all platform. Sounds clearly like an exploit to me.

• neoney@lemmy.neoney.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I can share with you a method to buy for Turkey.

1. Make an account on the „FUPS” app. You will need a Turkish SIM to verify - 5sim.net is a very cheap option
        2. Buy a FUPS card from some online reseller. I’ve used this https://plati.io/itm/fups-card-turkish-card-for-psn-xbox-spotify/3565417
        3. Scan the card’s QR code in the FUPS app. You now can use the card to spend money from your FUPS account
        4. Use Revolut to convert money to Turkish liras, and use the „Card recipient” transfer option to add money to that account with basically 0 fees.

Now to buy a family subscription, I personally used an android virtual machine, on which, while connected to a Turkish VPN, I made a new account on a random Turkish address. Then just bought the sub in the YouTube app.

Afterwards, you can invite others to your family. But, they won’t be able to just join, they need to go to pay.google.com -> Settings -> Close payments profile

Then they need to add a CC to their account (doesn’t have to be Turkish), but make sure that they put a random Turkish billing address to that card. Wait ~10 minutes, and they can join the family, and after they’re in, they can re-do the google pay stuff to get it back to normal. Won’t kick them out.

• ANIMATEK@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I have a friend who is sharing his Argentine account with me. How he pays I don’t really know. The important bit for me was to VPN to Arg before logging in. Maybe search in YouTube for instructions?