I don’t feel like I’ve had strong gender dysphoria, but I’ve lately been realizing more and more how much repressed stuff I got buried in my brain, and I was curious as to what the common signs are and get an idea of what others have experienced regarding this. Thanks in advance for any input you have.

• CrimsonSage@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Do you feel a disconnect from your body? Do you sometimes feel like you are suprised by your own appearance or existence in some profound way (aka not "oh shit I didn’t realize I was so dirty or I had that rash, but like "oh shit that is me?). Do ypu sometimes feel like you are living in 3rd person to the point that in social situations you need to process “wait how should I react?” or “How would a normal person of ‘insert gender here’ behave?” Do you feel completely alienated from people of your assigned gender in single gender situations to the point you feel like an alien trying to understand them? Do you feel an absence of joy in simply existing? Is life without intense inputs like intense hyperfocus on hobbies or binge eating or extreme activities or drugs/alcohol a flat unbearable Grey. And does all of this ultimately redound to your gendered self and expression?

Edit: Gender dysphoria tends tends to have many comorbid mental health issues because living with it is very traumatic. For example mine expresses itself with extreme anxiety disorder.