• zoe@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

exactly. but oil is heavily subsidized and costs money to extract and refine, and mass produced enough to be affordable, making concert tours cost nothing, but it causes a big damage otherwise. how about make half the number of tours ? that would be a good start. or make an onlyfan equivalent, for singers ? sound idea if u ask me

• ericjmorey@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You think online viewing at home will be appreciated by people who want to go to a concert as much as an in person concert?

People entertaining themselves and going to social events is not a moral failing. It’s not the thing that needs addressing.

The production company for a touring live entertainment event can find ways to reduce their production of carbon emissions. It would be easier for them to do so if carbon emissions would be priced in line with the costs they create.

• zoe@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

better fund energy transition and you’r welcome touring how much u want, but just dont act like a hypocrite and show false solidarity. but americans are in a whole realm of its own. sometimes i wonder to myself that americans deserve their lot sometime, also while fucking up the rest of the world in the process