• Ghost33313@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I used to have a 2sq/ft washer and a 1sq/ft drier for our family of 4. We even went through a period where I fucking hand washed the clothes and hung dried them for two days in advance when we couldn’t get to the laundromat. I would hear people complain with full sized machines and would be livid inside. We got full sized machines recently and I feel like superman. I really don’t freaking get it, they have such a pampered perspective.

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Dude, laundry is so easy when you have a big machine to do it. I don’t have a washer at my house, so I use my dad’s when I watch his dogs on Mondays. You just dump the dirty clothes in the thing, put the detergent in the thing, make sure it says “casuals” and “cold,” and press the go button.

When it’s time to dry them, you throw them in the dryer, set it to the lowest temperature, and press the go button. When they’re dry, you just hang them on hangers and they’re neat and tidy and it’s so easy that I can do it blackout drunk.

I remember being 13 and not knowing how to do laundry, and asking my mom what the steps were. I was sure I didn’t understand it right, because it sounded way too easy.