• Godort@lemm.ee
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

There is a huge difference in laundry for a single guy and laundry for a whole family.

As a single guy with modern detergents it’s one load. With a family it’s several, stains on children’s clothes are common and sometimes require special attention, and you cant leave the house for longer than an hour or else you’ll fall behind.

• Scubus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I used to work as a maid, and tbh i still don’t get it. Once a week id come by and there would be a pile of laundry a couple feet tall. Id just grab a six pack of smirnoff and knock out the entire pile in 4-5 loads over a couple hours, folded and all.

Tbh it was a ton of fun and super relaxing, I only stopped bc i built up a tolerance to smirnoff.

• 257m@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

I am sure there are other substances you could snort in a laundry room. No need for smirnoff when you can snort a line of Sunlight.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

My family of four did maybe 2 loads of laundry a week. Pretty damn easy to stay on top of.

• JokeDeity@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

My GF has a problem with clothes, she will literally change 3 times a day fairly often and throws everything into the dirty laundry even if she only wore it for hours resulting in a massive pile of laundry really quickly. Even with that I would say doing our laundry is easy as fuck, it’s the folding and putting it all away that’s a chore.

• ristoril_zip@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

It just never ends if there are 3+ people in the house. There’s always clothes to gather, load, wash, move to the dryer, unload, or fold. Each individual load is maybe not that big a deal. But the ever present work lurking in the periphery… Ugh.

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

If you have a place to hang them, I recommend hanging everything but socks. You can even consolidate entire outfits on one hanger if you have the normal kind with the bar across the bottom to drape your pants over

• CancerMancer@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I started hanging all my shirts, now I don’t even need a dresser. Just put socks in underwear in little bins on the floor, ez. Pants get folded and put in two piles: work and home, on a shelf. Welcome to ADHD clothing storage.

• CancerMancer@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

wife and 2 kids, I do laundry once or twice a week. Wife and I fold kids clothes and put them away, takes like 15 minutes of actual effort for everything? As for “ever present work lurking in the periphery”: the only moment that needs to stay on mind is switching clothes from washer to dryer. The rest doesn’t have a time requirement, so let it go. Empty the dryer next time you need to shit or something.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

My girlfriend and I do a total of 1 load of laundry a week. If we had a kid or two, that would add another 1 load.

Growing up with my family of four, still just 1-2 laundry loads a week.

Honestly, it has never been bad. I’ve also been doing my own laundry since I was 11.

• magnetosphere@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I am upvoting not because I agree with the sentiment, but because this level of cluelessness is exactly what I would expect from an Anon.

• Ghost33313@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I used to have a 2sq/ft washer and a 1sq/ft drier for our family of 4. We even went through a period where I fucking hand washed the clothes and hung dried them for two days in advance when we couldn’t get to the laundromat. I would hear people complain with full sized machines and would be livid inside. We got full sized machines recently and I feel like superman. I really don’t freaking get it, they have such a pampered perspective.

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Dude, laundry is so easy when you have a big machine to do it. I don’t have a washer at my house, so I use my dad’s when I watch his dogs on Mondays. You just dump the dirty clothes in the thing, put the detergent in the thing, make sure it says “casuals” and “cold,” and press the go button.

When it’s time to dry them, you throw them in the dryer, set it to the lowest temperature, and press the go button. When they’re dry, you just hang them on hangers and they’re neat and tidy and it’s so easy that I can do it blackout drunk.

I remember being 13 and not knowing how to do laundry, and asking my mom what the steps were. I was sure I didn’t understand it right, because it sounded way too easy.

• macisr@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I lived with a family of four and doing laundry was never difficult. I did it since like 13 years old. Two days a week at most, three cycles in total. I just had to check the washing machine every hour, 2 minutes each time to throw the clothes in the dryer, 5 minutes to put the blankets to air dry, and like half an hour to fold everything later. People in here saying that it is a never ending work clearly are bullshitting, hand wash or never have done it. Cooking for a family of four is way more demanding. Hell, that’s demanding even if you live alone.

• don@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

anon washes a pair of jeans, a tee, a pair of yellowy-tighties, and a sock, and can’t figure out why women washing 80 times as much are complaining. What is his problem? His problem is he’s a fucking idiot.