• masquenox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

That’s an interesting take on it. I don’t think that’s how the idea pure propaganda of human shield is usually viewed deployed for the consumption of Israeli-loving white supremacists.

Fixed that for you.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Again… if that is what Hamas has (supposedly) done, then there is no reason not to designate every civilian in Israel, the US or any NATO member state as “human shields” as well.

Pick your propaganda and stop being a hypocrite about it.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

I find it interesting that you can’t give a straight answer to whether you believe they’ve used human shields or not. I think it’s undeniable they’ve done that.

then there is no reason not to designate every civilian in Israel, the US or any NATO member state as “human shields” as well

I’m sorry but that doesn’t make sense. A human shield has an actual meaning, it’s not just all civilians in general.

Pick your propaganda and stop being a hypocrite about it.

Indeed. I’m pretty straightforward in that I condemn the use of human shields, full stop.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

I find it interesting that you can’t give a straight answer

This is as straight as it gets, genius - I’m not the one buying into white supremacist propaganda… you are.

A human shield has an actual meaning

The only “meaning” it has is the one assigned to it by white supremacist propaganda and the white supremacists swallowing this propaganda.

I think it’s undeniable they’ve done that.

So you admit that 9/11 was an entirely justified attack? You know… as the US was (and still must be) using every civilian in the US as “human shields”?

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

This is as straight as it gets, genius - I’m not the one buying into white supremacist propaganda… you are.

So you don’t think they’ve used human shields?

The only “meaning” it has is the one assigned to it by white supremacist propaganda and the white supremacists swallowing this propaganda.

Idk, seems a bit strange to count all the people on this article as white supremacists. Especially since “The concept of human shields as a resistance measure was created by Mahatma Gandhi as a weapon of resistance.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_shield

So you admit that 9/11 was an entirely justified attack? You know… as the US was (and still must be) using every civilian in the US as “human shields”?

I didn’t even agree with your strange definition of human shield, how in the hell did you think I’d agree with this bizarre non sequitor is beyond me

• masquenox@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

Tell you what… I’ll just keep repeating it until it penetrates through all the right-wing brain-rot that has taken up residence in your head, okay? So here…

white supremacists.

Only white supremacists swallow white supremacist propaganda. It’s as simple as that.

I didn’t even agree

In other words… you admit the 9/11 attack was entirely justified as it claimed only “human shields.”

See how easy it is to not be a hippocrate?

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

I’m not sure what you find to “right-wing white supremacist” about the overall concept. Could you explain? Here’s the quick and dirty definition from Wikipedia:

“A human shield is a non-combatant (or a group of non-combatants) who either volunteers or is forced to shield a legitimate military target in order to deter the enemy from attacking it.”

Tell you what… I’ll just keep repeating

I did notice you don’t really try to argue for your position, rather just repeating the same thing again and again. Not answering straight questions or bothering to engage with the actual arguments from the other side.

It’s very internet, so to say.

In other words… you admit the 9/11 attack was entirely justified as it claimed only “human shields.”

No on both of those. How you define human shields is beyond me. Could you define it for me, so I know where our understanding of the concept differs?

• masquenox@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    7 months ago

I’m not sure what you find to “right-wing white supremacist” about the overall concept.

Considering that your only understanding of white supremacist propaganda comes from a wikipedia page, I’d say that’s not surprising.

Do tell, apologist… do you think it’s merely a coincidence that all of Israel’s traditional supporters are all countries with deep histories of white supremacism, antisemitism and colonialism?

I did notice you don’t really try to argue for your position

That’s because I don’t have to. You are the one with nothing but propaganda slogans to back up your position - not me.

so I know where our understanding of the concept differs?

Aaaaand …