• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I’m not sure what you find to “right-wing white supremacist” about the overall concept. Could you explain? Here’s the quick and dirty definition from Wikipedia:

“A human shield is a non-combatant (or a group of non-combatants) who either volunteers or is forced to shield a legitimate military target in order to deter the enemy from attacking it.”

Tell you what… I’ll just keep repeating

I did notice you don’t really try to argue for your position, rather just repeating the same thing again and again. Not answering straight questions or bothering to engage with the actual arguments from the other side.

It’s very internet, so to say.

In other words… you admit the 9/11 attack was entirely justified as it claimed only “human shields.”

No on both of those. How you define human shields is beyond me. Could you define it for me, so I know where our understanding of the concept differs?

• masquenox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I’m not sure what you find to “right-wing white supremacist” about the overall concept.

Considering that your only understanding of white supremacist propaganda comes from a wikipedia page, I’d say that’s not surprising.

Do tell, apologist… do you think it’s merely a coincidence that all of Israel’s traditional supporters are all countries with deep histories of white supremacism, antisemitism and colonialism?

I did notice you don’t really try to argue for your position

That’s because I don’t have to. You are the one with nothing but propaganda slogans to back up your position - not me.

so I know where our understanding of the concept differs?

Aaaaand …

This is as straight as it gets, genius - I’m not the one buying into white supremacist propaganda… you are.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

I’m not sure if you’re genuinely a bit slow but “human shield” is not just a concept from Wikipedia or the only place one might learn about it, but it’s just an easily approachable resource. Human shield is defined similarly by other orgs too like United Nations, International Criminal Court etc. You can search the term online have all kinds of people using the term

Here’s one from Nigeria https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/03/africa/nigerian-president-kidnapped-victims-intl/index.html

Surely Muhammadu Buhari is not a white supremacist?

There’s a gazillion similar articles. I can link to them if you wish.

Do tell, apologist… do you think it’s merely a coincidence that all of Israel’s traditional supporters are all countries with deep histories of white supremacism, antisemitism and colonialism?

What does this have to do with the concept of human shields…? I feel like you’re again avoiding the questions and the actual topic.

That’s because I don’t have to.

I guess that’s true but it does give off a bit of an either uninformed or cowardly (sorry) feeling. You don’t have to argue, but it would definitely help and make the conversation better.

Aaaaand …

This is as straight as it gets, genius - I’m not the one buying into white supremacist propaganda… you are.

So for you the concept of human shield is just white supremacist propaganda?

It’s a bizarre take to me. I’m not sure if you genuinely believe that. Someone holding a person at gun point to prevent someone on firing them, I don’t believe you think that has anything to do with white supremacy, but you don’t believe in calling that a human shield?

• masquenox@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

you’re genuinely a bit slow

Which one of us is regurgitating white supremacist propaganda, Clyde? Which one?

What does this have to do with the concept of human shields

Are you asking what the white supremacist settler-colonialist propganda you are regurgitating on here has to do with white supremacism? Is that what you are asking?

either uninformed or cowardly (sorry) feeling.

Again… which one of us is regurgitating white supremacist propaganda? Me or you?

It’s a bizarre take to me.

White supremacists always seem taken aback when their white supremacism is pointed out to them… perhaps it’s my fault for expecting too much from an “ubermensch” - after all, you’ve never lived up to your own hype, have you?

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            7 months ago

What is this “white supremacist propaganda” you’re talking about?

• masquenox@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

What is this “white supremacist propaganda”

Seriously… wtf did you think Israel is? Where did you get the idea that Israel isn’t a white supremacist settler-colonialist state? Did you think that people call it an Apartheid-state for shits and giggles?

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

You are accusing me of spreading white supremacist propaganda because I talked about Israel? I doubt that’s the reason.

For reference, this is the comment that you followed up with the accusation

The IDf operates behind every civilian in Israel - which means every civilian in Israel is a “human shield” for the Israeli state.

That’s an interesting take on it. I don’t think that’s how the idea of human shield is usually viewed. It’s usually more direct, operating from a place with civilians so you don’t get bombed or literally forcing someone to stand between you and your enemy or something.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

You are accusing me of spreading white supremacist propaganda

No. The fact that you are spreading white supremacist propaganda is self-evident. It requires no proof on my part (since you have provided it all by yourself), and the only defense you have is to try and debunk the mountains of evidence we have that proves Israel is a white supremacist settler-colonialist state.

If that is your plan, I suggest you get going… that’s going to take you a lifetime.