Welcome to the Melbourne Community Daily Discussion Thread.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

meet 'em at the door advise them they’ve not given advance notice goodbye I always liked to waste their time

“new guy” isnt’ an excuse, this is basic law.

• bull⚡@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Honestly I doubt it’d be much of an inconvenience for the guy. He probably has a few to do in this building today. I’m home and I have my shit together now and keep on top of maintaining a clean apartment so unexpected visitors don’t require me to freak out and whirlwind clean like a maniac so I just said sure, whatever, but wanted to make a note that they didn’t give me notice. They don’t care.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

aaaand that’s how it goes. They stepped over the line oopsie well you were ok with that so let’s step over again a lil’ bit next time shall we?

Did you consent to receiving notifications of this manner via text? 'cos they’re real good at stomping over that boundary as well.

• bull⚡@aussie.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Last inspection I kicked up a huge stink because they wanted to come in while I was away and I don’t want strangers in my apartment without me there. Made the reschedule 3 times I think. Last year they used text and that works fine/possibly best for me. They’ve used email too but it seems to change as employees come and go over there. I’m fine if I actually get notified and have time to make sure I’m there or reschedule. Today just actually works fine for me so I complained but will let it happen.