Sorry if this reads like an ad; the link is a non-referral one. (I am broke though if anyone wants me to DM my referral link (10%) lol) I heard about it here and wanted to share for others that were interested by that original post but waiting for a sale.

Hello everyone I just figured I would share a PSA since filen.io’s black friday sale seems to be live now. Filen is another good alternative to google drive, dropbox, icloud, MEGA, etc.

I’ve been checking this company out for the past week after I saw someone asking here if it was trustworthy. It seems legit; fairly young company which explains why they still offer lifetime plans as they are growing.

Its only like 35 Euro for a 200GB lifetime client-side encrypted cloud storage with no bandwith limits. I despise subscriptions so hard to argue with that for me.

I plan on using this for my offsite backups mainly.

• TheSun@slrpnk.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

This is literally client-side encryption using fully open source programs… If you “do not trust it to be e2e”, verify the code yourself. Doing your own encryption on top would be redundant.