• Tylerdurdon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Yes, it’s gotten stable and there’s good content. Still a lot of 0-comment threads, but the comment threads I am involved in are much better overall. It’s not teen-mob-mentality over here and I’ve been surprised many times over my 4 months. Thanks to all of you guys and gals that make it happen.

• ringwraithfish@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I’ve noticed when threads do start they are usually engaging conversations instead of the typical one-liner meme bullshit.

• 50_centavos@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I started lurking here back when Sync shut down for reddit. I noticed that I haven’t seen the terms “chaotic good”, “feedback loop”, or “play stupid games…” used incorrectly/excessively here. Not to mention the one word, all caps, comments that have 1k+ upvotes for some reason.

• Deebster@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah, that got old very quickly, although things like the old Reddit switcharoo* always got an upvote, but the original comment needed creativity and the stock reply needed to link the the previous example. It was cool that it was a different experience each time and that the network grew, occasionally branching, and had maintainers that made sure you could follow without hitting a deleted part dead end.

* after half a year I had to use a search engine to get the name

But here I wrote all of this, instead of just the word “This”