Okay, so, Idunno if it’s more Sway or Wayland or just getting away from something wrong with my X/herbstluftwm setup but wow everything feels kinda great over here 😅

It’s taken a while to get everything set up how I like but multiple games behave well here and not on X (which is very strange considering I expected more problems with the “new” thingle especially regarding gaming) and also my system feels snappier in general. Nobody told me the switch was gonna be like getting a hardware upgrade but wheee!

Of course, fiddling with things is something I love about Linux so it’s kindof a win-win even with the added work of having to switch over because gush gush Swayland is kinda wonderful 😅

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I’ve just been holding this in for a couple days and can’t find anycritter(s) else to gush at 🤷‍♀️

• RiikkaTheIcePrincess@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Well, I have this:
    https://github.com/solarkraft/awesome-wlroots

Then there are some bits like bemoji (emoji selecty thingy) and getting getting grim (and now swappy!) set up to handle screenshottage, aaand getting Sway to behave (mostly?) like herbstluftwm through tricks like
    bindsym $mod+1 [workspace="1"] move workspace to output current; workspace number 1 (which seems kinda odd but whatever; I don’t care that much at the moment and it works fine 😅🤷‍♀️)
    Aand there’s this lil pile of stuff to get some things to use their Wayland modes (and some other fiddly bits that may not be Wayland-related): MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland-egl QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPY=physical ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE=wayland_egl ELM_ENGINE=wayland_egl SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1 GDK_BACKEND=wayland which probably isn’t all necessary but whatever, somecritter will probably say something if it isn’t 😅

Never gonna take Terminology with the Nyan Cat cursor away from me, though 😝Not unless there’s something better that also has cats and/or rainbows, anyway.