Okay, so, Idunno if it’s more Sway or Wayland or just getting away from something wrong with my X/herbstluftwm setup but wow everything feels kinda great over here 😅

It’s taken a while to get everything set up how I like but multiple games behave well here and not on X (which is very strange considering I expected more problems with the “new” thingle especially regarding gaming) and also my system feels snappier in general. Nobody told me the switch was gonna be like getting a hardware upgrade but wheee!

Of course, fiddling with things is something I love about Linux so it’s kindof a win-win even with the added work of having to switch over because gush gush Swayland is kinda wonderful 😅

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I’ve just been holding this in for a couple days and can’t find anycritter(s) else to gush at 🤷‍♀️

• pimeys@lemmy.nauk.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

Yep. I switched from xorg/i3 years ago, and it was already super snappy back then compared to the previous setup. Today everything works with Wayland, and I don’t really need to think about it anymore.

But, ymmv. I avoid Nvidia’s products, which helps a lot for the stability.