It is not at all what I pictured when I read the books. It reminds me of engineers from Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. I’m sure the actor will do a good job, but the look is not what I expected.

• Kinglink@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I always felt Sting as Feyd-Rautha was the one thing they got right in that original Dune movie.

Not saying this is bad, but I just think Sting nailed that performance.

• Sixer Zero@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I saw the two movies before I read the book, and I was picturing Sting in his undies the entire time while reading.

• ǟɦɨʍֆǟ ɮʝօʀռ@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m inclined to agree. This is the description from Wikipedia, "Sixteen-year-old Feyd, the younger nephew and heir of Baron Harkonnen, is described as dark-haired, and “round of face and with sullen eyes”. According to that, this is definitely a more unique artistic choice by Villeneauve or whomever made the call.

• CEbbinghaus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

They took a lot of creative liberties. However I don’t feel like they have significantly detracted from the experience

• Chickenstalker@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Feyd was supposed to be the good-looking one c.f. Rabban. The Baron specifically cultivated this aspect so that the Fremen will accept him as their saviour over the “Beast Rabban”. He should look like Draco Malfoy.

• Drewfro66@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s been a while since I read the books, but I agree completely.

I always read the Feyd-Rautha character as attractive and dynamic, a foil to Paul, who was favored by the Baron Harkonnen basically only because he was into younger boys.

• Historical_General@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Just wanted to say hi to all of you, came over from spez’s wasteland and just found the sub.

Feyd looks cool. Normies will say it looks weird of course but it’ll grow on them quickly.

• ǟɦɨʍֆǟ ɮʝօʀռ@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Welcome! I don’t think it looks bad but just wonder if it was the best take or not. I’m ok with artistic interpretation and don’t expect it to impact my enjoyment of the upcoming film.

• transmatrix@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Haven’t read the book in FOREVER. He’s had hair in all the other adaptations I’ve seen so that’s the main thing that’s throwing me.