That’d be nice

• Deconceptualist@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

For a few years I’ve made it a personal point not to read any political coverage with overblown action verbs in the title like “X slams Y over spending bill” or “Y attacks Z”. It’s subjective but I swear it has genuinely helped my mental health. A filter that does this would definitely be nice now that you mention it!

• FinalBoy1975@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You can block the whole Fediverse community. I did. Like, it’s helpful. I also blocked asklemmy. Also helpful. I haven’t blocked it on kbin, though. It doesn’t matter, I see shit I’m not subscribed to when I filter by “subscribed” still. I think filtering by keyword is going to be a long time away. You can be obnoxious as a commenter, though. When you see the keyword, say something contrary in a comment. That could be fun.

• ImaginaryFox@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It will be so important once US election cycle comes around. It became a game of wack a mole individually blocking subreddits versus just setting relevant keywords to make the reddit viewing experience wonderful as opposed to a rage inducing. We need a Fediverse Enhancement Suite.

• kakes@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The last US election cycle taught me how to block keywords in RiF. By the time I left Reddit, my blacklist had hundreds of entries.

I notice that the Connect app for Lemmy has an option to block keywords. Definitely planning to take full advantage of that in the next cycle.

• BoofStroke@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’d love to have server-side regex killfiles for my account, not just blocked communities.

• flashmedallion@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That would be huge

I went to check my lemmy on my browser and it was just jacked full of meme pages amd subreddit clones that I’d blocked on my mobile client

• curls@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would love for this to be a feature, I want to filter out any posts that could be a trigger like sexual assault. I could do it in the reddit third party apps.

• crowsby@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

You can block communities and magazines that focus on it, which should get rid of the lion’s share of Reddit-related content. It’s been a bit disappointing to see so much low-effort, choir-preaching memes and content flood in. Hopefully the Fediverse can progress to a place where the primary activities extend beyond discussing the Fediverse & Reddit.

• Jcb2016@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Memmy and Liftoff you can block communities. I haven’t checked titles or words yet. usually the reddit talk is the communities itself