Another photo

I could not find the original source of the images.

Some info from Motor Car: Citroën Eole concept (1986):

The Aeolus is a concept car based on a platform of Citroën CX , entirely designed by computer from Geoffrey Matthews drawings. (…) It’s the first concept car to take advantage of a fully computerized design.

(…) Inside, four passengers can relax in a comfortable environment, and the central console has a flat panel that combines PC and phone features. game console , Hi-Fi set and CD player . 

• root_beer@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

So Elon Musk wasn’t even original in his decision to put video games in the dash of the Model S? It’s still a really dumb idea, whether by him or by Citroën, let’s be real here, though at least Pong isn’t in the center and appears to be more of a parked-car entertainment option.

I do not understand how that wheel is supposed to work though

• morrowind@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

It’s hardly a difficult idea to come up with. I don’t know why anyone would assume he was the first

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Of course it’s not a difficult idea, its just such an obviously stupid idea that I can’t believe it made it past the brainstorming phase

• morrowind@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

What’s stupid about it? You got a big screen and potential waiting times up to an hour at superchargers (or any other such situation), so why not throw in some games

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

It’s fine for things like that, but somebody with actual sense had to tell Elon that you can’t have streaming movies and video games going in the center console when the vehicle is in motion. That was A Thing he wanted it to do. I’m assuming that at least that was never on the table for the Citroën.

• argh_another_username@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I don’t like the steering wheel, but those buttons on its sides, I’ve had a car like that. A VW Parati 1996, IIRC. The buttons were mounted on the dash, but accessible without removing the hands from the wheel. It was amazing. Found a picture where we can see the buttons.

• yojimbo@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Anyone has a better picture of the drivers dash? I looks like there is a 4x4 block of buttons to the right of the steering wheel and another 4x4 block on the left side

source

+some more buttons in the middle of the steering wheel. That is a lot of buttons! What were they good for 🤔 ?